I struggle with that above heading. Is it better to hit the web with a quick and dirty post or would it benefit my readership more if I post sparingly but with greater depth? To be honest, I don’t have an answer. I know that I feel like I’m off schedule if I’m not posting something every four days, but I don’t know if I should be posting just for posting’s sake.
I have a game plan come September for a shift that I think will make your visits here more worthwhile. In the meantime, here’s a brief update on my other writing pursuits as of today:
- Looks like I’ll be doing my first Toy Review at Figures.com in nearly 5 years this August. I’m looking forward to it, as well as what doors may continue to open on that front.
- MY involvement on the X3Church blog will likely slow; and as a result, I may be linking to recovery thoughts at a number of other sources, which will be a bitterwseet development, to be sure. I still have a great relationship with X3 and serve as a small group leader, but their blog formatting is going to change, and I may not be able to contribute as often.
- My upcoming second novel, To Retreat From Romance, is putting me through the ringer. I am trying to wrap my next draft by August 11, a goal that is taking a significant toll on me. At the outset of this draft, I was sure my changes would improve the book; I’m no longer so sure…but I’m also a neurotic writer, so maybe it’ll be okay. I look forward to sharing more as we near release.
- I am in revisions on a presentation I’ll be making in September: my first “speaking engagement” as an author. I’m pensive, nervous, and altogether ecstatic that it’s coming.
- I am in the pre-writing stages of my project for this year’s National Novel Write Month. As you might recall, I participated in both 2012 and 2013 with disappointing results. I’m hoping this third time is a charm.
- Still working on understanding this mailing list thing, too. hoping to launch before year end.
So there it is: a brief look at what’s keeping me from longer posts this week…but I got some stuff in the pressure cooker that I’ll be sharing soon!
Thanks for reading,
Enjoy what you are reading??? Let’s connect. I'm currently on Instagram, Letterboxd, Flickr, Twitter, always as CJstunkard.