Art Ayris is living my dream. He’s the founder and CEO of Kingstone Media, where he and his team have created some of the best comics with a faith-based message to hit the market. His work has resulted in adaptations of Biblical classics as well as original ideas. The quality of Kingstone’s releases and the success they’ve garnered have enabled to team with studios such as Sony Worldwide while also working with heavy hitters in the evangelical culture like Ravi Zacharias. At the end of the day, Art has led his team to produce a library that is sure to contain something for any comic fan. I have already had the pleasure of reviewing standalone comics retelling the stories of Jonah and Job, as well as the original graphic novels, Book of God and Echoes of Eden; and I look forward to reviewing several more graphic novels from Kingstone this fall.
Art was willing to participate in 3LC’s ongoing “In His Image” series, and I invite you to join me in getting to know Art Ayris, Founder and CEO of Kingstone Media.
1. Define yourself in one word (Disciple, Christian, American, Man, etc.)
2. Why do you choose that term?
Reflection and homage to the Creator and a real-time shot of who Kingstone is as well.
3. In two sentences, tell us about Kingstone Media, what you produce and who you see as your audience.
‘Marvel’ and ‘DC Comics’ quality faith-oriented comics and graphic novels. Our initial target was boys 10-14 but we quickly discovered that the swath is much wider than that.
4. What is your latest release and what led to its creation?
The Lamb and the Fuhrer, the first graphic novel by Dr. Ravi Zacharias. One of our investors was very passionate to see this project done. It was a great fit for a graphic novel.
5. How has the development of Kingstone Mediarequired you to sacrifice?
Time with family and friends, guess we’ll have some sweet times in heaven. I serve as a pastor at a blowing and going church and also run a growing comic book company.
6. What is your primary goal as a publisher? How about as an author?
Build faith in the hearts of people and capture their imaginations for the Kingdom. Ditto.
7. What is your largest hope for those who engage Kingstone’s products?
That they will share them with the unchurched and then engage them in conversation.
8. What are two key ways in which you believe Kingstone Mediabenefits readers today?
One, an outreach resource for churches and Christians to share with unchurched in a safe format to begin investigating Christianity and the Bible.
Two, a resource for kids who are maybe reluctant reader to be able to discover the richness of the Biblical and Christian story.
9. How have you seen God’s goodness and faithfulness in your work with Kingstone Media?
Reports of teens in juvenile facilities coming to Christ. God’s supply and provision.
10. How can readers learn more about you and your work?