So, earlier this week, I did this impromptu post to encourage anyone out there who’s hurting. It got liked and retweeted. I feel like it did some good. That being said, seems this blog is worthwhile for more than my weekly check-ins. To what degree, I’m unsure; but the fact that anyone is reading and thinks it’s worth sharing with others is encouraging to know. Here’s hoping I can continue to bring some benefit my little corner of the net.
As far as the rest of the week, read on!
1). The Week in Brief: “Progress & Productivity” . Life is full of change: some bad, some good. My office is going through numerous structural transitions at multiple levels; my son will be 2 in a month; and I am continuing to build confidence, competence, and an overall sense of control and balance in life. I feel as though more change is coming for me—not sure what but I feel it. I feel as though the strain of the last 12 months has been training ground and cultivation for the next step and that step is fast approaching. I simply don’t know what it is, and I am trying to develop eyes to see it. I spoke recently to some buddies at my skill set and the things I bring to the table as a person. They were encouraging about it. my pastor and I had a similar discussion regarding my character. These conversations carried me in some dark moments, moments like when the Lord bailed me out of two huge dilemmas (one professional/one personal). These feel like pieces of a puzzle. And in the midst of my wife being sick, I’ve had the fortitude to step up in ways I do not think she expected. All of this is leading me to believe that I am stronger now than 12 months ago, perhaps since I’ve been in years, and I will have opportunities to manifest this strength and continue to grow in the coming months. What that looks like, again, not sure. But this week, despite feeling incredibly low and nearing a despair spiral on Wednesday, I have felt strong overall and ready to tackle whatever comes next!
2). Recommended Media!
▪ This week, I watched Avengers on Blu-ray. Man, on Blu, that movie pops!!! If you’ve not seen the Avengers, then’tis the season. Hype for the upcoming Infinity War is in full swing, and frankly, the original is a really fun summer blockbuster, regardless. I finally broke down and bought it and its sequel (bluRay +digital) because Black Panther is so awesome I’ve decided to get a brief Marvel Cinematic Universe Run on blu-ray for my personal collection (though I’m still debating what all to include). If Infinity War turns out to be lousy, then I’ll likely regret the decision, but then I will just treat Black Panther as the culmination of everything and stop there for now.
- Jordan Peterson on how to think in a tough spot and how to move forward in life, plus a fascinating full interview covering wide range of topics regarding freedom, encouragement, and self-realization. LOTS OF GOOD STUFF from Peterson this week.
- John Piper gives wonderful insight on Forgiveness and Forgetting
3). More Hopes and Happenings:
- Last Saturday night, I beat Mega Man X on SNES ClassicMini…I’m also embarrassed about how proud I was when I did so.
- Made my way to the April fools’ toy show in Delaware last Sunday, and I’m planning to have all the inventory I bought listed on eBay before end of month. I picked up some pieces for myself, too, mainly a PHANTASM figure from Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm, which is still my favorite theatrical Batman picture. Also, I got a Karl Mordo fig from the Doctor Strange movie line at the exact price I wanted to pay, which is great because now actor Chiwetel Ejiofor is represented in my collection.
- I’ve noticed that my face has more girth than it did last time I took notice of my own facial mass. Looks like running this summer will be back in rotation soon.
- With my wife being sick Thursday through today, I’ve been running point here at home; and I gotta say, it’s immensely fulfilling. I love being a dad, and I love taking care of business, both online and here at home. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like being so involved, intentional, and present has given more fuel during each day. I just feel horribly for my wife.
▪Summing up #onthedaily: GRATITUDE, FOCUS, AND REFUSAL TO WORRY
▪ This past week, I was Grateful for recent success on #eBay , second chances, having a good job, my wife, technology, Saturdays!
▪ This past week, I was Focused on getting through all I must accomplish despite lack of sleep, going to bed by 10:30 PM, prayer regarding my anxiety, ending the workweek well, caring for my son and wife, caring for my wife and son !
▪ This past week, I refused to Worry about how I am going to get through today on so little sleep , financial uncertainties, yesterday’s failures, whether or not I am getting sick again consumer purchases I made in haste that I shouldn’t have, changes and uncertainty about my job!