Yes, the title is correct.
As I continue to work through this first month of 2020, I have begun to achieve a handful of goals for the year or at least start the path toward their completion. Even as I do so, however, I think often about the last days of 2020.
What do I want them to entail?
What do I want to have accomplished?
What do I want for my wife? For my son? For myself? And Why do I want those things?
As an exercise, I thought it might be both fun and worthwhile to just jot down a list of some items and ideas with which I am wrestling. If nothing else, giving concepts a concrete value can be useful—an idea might sound good in one’s head, but it appears downright foolish on paper. So in 2020, I am considering a focused effort in order to:
- Reorganize my office into a more fluid but still compartmentalized space. I want the layout to be easy to navigate and utilize, but I don’t want it to be constantly cluttered by a thousand different unfinished projects.
- Reorganize our storage closet(s) with same intent/same purpose
- Clean our family Apple Iphoto Library and delete duplicates or unnecessary photos. There was a time I received an XLR Camera, and I took a wealth of needless photos. Time for those to go.
- Clean my eBay Photo Archive (for the same reason).
- Use my growing knowledge of Micro Machines for my online store and in so doing, create a resource for the collecting community.
- Organize the several hundred pages of notes for my fantasy novel series into some semblance of a useful resource to begin writing again.
- Reduce the household toy collection by 1/3 (though I have no idea how I would quantify that).
- Repair my dad’s old stool from his train layout in order to use it in my office.
- Use my bulletin board for an ongoing organizational purpose.
- Create a Consistent and Efficient Workflow process for my online sales from receipt of inventory through listing.
- Clean up the blog/website a bit.
- Determine the real reason and purpose behind my social media and Eliminate unused social media by closing accounts.
- Consolidate our retirement accounts under a single advisor
And that’s just what I decided to type today. Who knows what new idea or goal will creep into my head tomorrow. Regardless, I think I have many worthwhile pursuits to tackle in 2020. I just need to choose which ones will mean the most to me by end of year.
Enjoy what you are reading??? Let’s connect. I'm currently on Instagram, Letterboxd, Flickr, Twitter, always as CJstunkard.